- Xiaomi led the market with a 30% share and 45% YoY progress pushed by its Mop-P mannequin.
- Eureka Forbes maintained its second place with a 22% share and 40% YoY progress.
- The market is anticipated to surge by 25% in 2022 amid rising client curiosity coupled with enhanced options.
- Robotic vacuum cleaner is the quickest rising class in India’s vacuum cleaner market and is anticipated to be 5% of the overall market in 2022.
- INR 16,000-INR 24,000 ($200-$300) was the most well-liked worth band in H1 2022.
New Delhi, Boston, Toronto, London, Hong Kong, Beijing, Taipei, Seoul – September 22, 2022
India’s robotic vacuum cleaner market shipments grew 24% YoY in H1 2022 (January-June), in line with the most recent analysis from Counterpoint’s Good Residence IoT Service. The rising consumer curiosity within the robotic vacuum cleaner and higher product consciousness led to the rise in shipments.
Commenting available on the market developments, Analysis Analyst Varun Gupta mentioned, “The market which gained momentum as a result of COVID-19 pandemic can be discovering itself related in present instances. Persons are returning again to workplaces and realizing that robotic vacuum cleaners are among the many finest choices out there to assist them with their family cleansing. The market stays aggressive with manufacturers introducing extra customer-centric and India-specific merchandise resembling moist and dry robotic vacuums. Most manufacturers try to supply reasonably priced merchandise as Indian customers have a tendency to stay worth delicate. The INR 16,000-INR 24,000 ($200-$300) worth band stays hottest, carefully adopted by the INR 10,000-INR 16,000 ($125-$200) worth band.”
From the model perspective, Gupta mentioned, “The market appears consolidated as the highest three manufacturers captured 62% share in H1 2022. On-line channels additionally maintained their dominance. Nevertheless, offline channels are starting to realize prominence as many customers wish to expertise the product first. Xiaomi has centered on enhancing consumer consciousness by providing robotic vacuums in its offline retail shops. Eureka Forbes maintained its second spot in H1 2022, owing to its established D2C community and pan-India service community. ECOVACS and Viomi registered highest YoY progress in H1 2022.”
“H1 2022 noticed many machine launches from a number of present manufacturers resembling eufy, iRobot and Inventive Newtech, and new entrants resembling Haier. We anticipate the area to develop into extra aggressive within the coming months with extra launches and new entrants as a result of rising consumer curiosity,” added Gupta.
Commenting available on the market outlook, Senior Analysis Analyst Anshika Jain mentioned, “The robotic vacuum cleaner market is anticipated to develop over 25% in 2022 as a result of entry of extra gamers and rising demand from the residential customers in a hybrid work surroundings. The upcoming sensible dwelling period mixed with the latest pandemic state of affairs is creating an urge to go for better hygiene, consolation and comfort. Nevertheless, we really feel that the worth level remains to be a bit excessive to attain large-scale adoption. Manufacturers must create extra consumer consciousness and provide you with a powerful worth proposition to market these merchandise. The long run demand might be pushed by the provision of recent AI-enabled options, higher Wi-Fi connectivity and the flexibility to attach and talk with different sensible dwelling units.”
Word: Figures might not add as much as 100% resulting from rounding
- Xiaomi shipments grew 45% YoY in H1 2022, primarily resulting from a rise in consumer curiosity, the model’s positioning available in the market and a push in direction of offline retail channels. The Vacuum Mop-P was the best-selling mannequin for Xiaomi in H1. Xiaomi additionally launched Service+ app in early H1 to supply higher buyer help 24×7.
- Eureka Forbes was one of many first gamers available in the market to introduce vacuum robots and has constantly been on the second spot. With a progress of 40% YoY in H1 2022, the model is competing available in the market by leveraging its door-to-door expertise campaigns. The L Vac and Vac n Mop have been its hottest fashions in H1.
- ILIFE jumped to 3rd place with a ten% market share and eight% progress in H1 2022. The V-series vacuum robots have been its best-selling fashions in H1. Along with its on-line presence, the model has a big presence throughout main offline retail shops and brand-owned shops.
- eufy grew marginally in H1 2022 to seize an 8% share. The model focuses on offering reasonably priced vacuum robots by way of main on-line retail channels. It launched the G30 Hybrid in H1 for INR 22,999 (~$290).
- iRobot shipments declined 38% YoY in H1 2022 owing to decrease model consciousness and better entry worth factors. The model has been constantly introducing premium merchandise with numerous options resembling an auto-emptying dock. It has expanded to main offline retail channels to extend model consciousness.
- ECOVACS jumped to the sixth spot by doubling its shipments in H1 2022. The model entered the Indian market in late H1 2021 and has seen good demand for its lower-priced fashions. It launched many units in H1 2022 and in addition launched doorstep customer support.
Different Rising manufacturers
- Viomi was one of many quickest rising manufacturers available in the market in H1 2022, apart from being the highest rising model. The model is at present out there in on-line channels solely. The SE is its best-selling mannequin.
- MILAGROW shipments declined 28% YoY in H1 2022. The model at present gives reasonably priced merchandise by way of its on-line D2C mannequin and different on-line retail channel companions.
- realme launched its vacuum robotic in late H2 2021 and is among the many quickest growing manufacturers. It gives just one mannequin as of now. Nevertheless, we anticipate it to launch extra fashions within the coming months because it sees an uptick in demand.
Counterpoint Know-how Market Analysis is a world analysis agency specializing in merchandise within the TMT (know-how, media, and telecom) business. It providers main know-how and monetary companies with a mixture of month-to-month reviews, custom-made tasks, and detailed analyses of the cellular and know-how markets. Its key analysts are seasoned specialists within the high-tech business.